Eastland County Crisis Center
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Eastland County Crisis Center, located in Eastland, Texas, is seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking individual to lead our community based nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate should be a strong leader who can represent the Eastland County Crisis Center in a professional manner with clear communication of the organization’s mission.
EASTLAND COUNTY CRISIS CENTER PROGRAMS & MISSION: The mission of the Crime Victims Assistance Center is to provide services designed to meet the physical, social, & emotional needs of domestic violence and sexual assault victims by providing immediate, short, and long-term assistance.
The mission of the Children’s Advocacy Center is to serve as the voice of justice, hope, and healing for children and to provide a warm, caring atmosphere where their healing process can begin.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The executive director is a professional position charged with implementing the mission of the Eastland County Crisis Center including the Crime Victim Assistance Center and the Children’s Advocacy Center. The executive director acts as chief administrator and is responsible for overall operations of the organization and its programs. The executive director is responsible for financial management, personnel supervision, program development, public relations, volunteer development, and fundraising. The executive director works in close collaboration with the board of directors and partner agencies.
Background investigations will be conducted on all candidate finalists.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
- Experience in a management position, including supervision of staff, budget development and financial management.
- Leadership, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience in public-speaking.
- Experience working collaboratively with people from diverse backgrounds in community based organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three or more years experience in a management position.
- Understanding of domestic violence, sexual assault, and child abuse issues.
- Experience in nonprofit administration and working with volunteer boards.
- Experience with government contracts and grants for nonprofits.
- Experience in public relations or community relations.
- Experience with fundraising from public and private sources.
- Experience working in a domestic violence program or children’s advocacy center.
- Graduate degree.
- Willingness to relocate to, or live in, the service area of the Eastland County Crisis Center.
TO APPLY: Qualified applicants should email their letter of interest, resume, and salary requirements to the Board President at: email@example.com. Application deadline is FEBRUARY 22, 2013.