DEPARTMENT: Family Violence Center
Location: 15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, Texas 77090
Status: Part-time Hourly, 5 hrs. /week
Client: Northwest Assistance Ministries
Posted: April 21, 2014
Closing: June 1, 2014
- Working with Spanish-speaking adult victims of family violence in individual and family counseling.
- Working with child/adolescent victims of family violence in individual and group therapy.
- Ability to define therapeutic approach for each client.
- All intake assessments needed to determine a client’s eligibility for therapy services.
- All record keeping, data collection, telephone calls and scheduling necessary for clients.
- Storage, maintenance, ordering and inventory of all therapeutic supplies.
- Maintaining regular communications with FVC Director and Staff Therapist regarding scheduling and programming needs.
- Staff all cases with Staff Therapist and/or FVC Director, including definition of problems and determining appropriate referrals, when necessary.
- Flexible work hours as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Master’s level degree and licensure in counseling field.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) REQUIRED.
- Experience in working with adult and child/adolescent victims of domestic violence.
- Skilled in working with play, sand and art therapy materials.
- Skilled in utilizing appropriate treatment models for targeted populations.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to record keeping.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proof of liability/malpractice insurance.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please.