Employment at Family Violence Agencies
Below is a listing of current job opportunities.
For listings at TCFV click here.
Multiple positions – Houston Area Women’s Center – Houston, TX
Interested Candidates, please send resumes to email@example.com and place in subject line: The position you are seeking: example, subject line: Counselor
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Coordinator of Counseling Services – Kendall County Women’s Shelter – Boerne, TX
Coordinator of Counseling Services
Kendall County Women’s Shelter has an immediate opening for a full time Coordinator of Counseling Services. This individual will be responsible for overseeing and providing individual and group counseling for victims of family violence and their children. This a full time , exempt position with benefits. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Publisher, Office and Excel. Visit www.kcwstexas.org for a full job description. KCWS is an EOE. No phone calls will be accepted. Please submit resume either by mail or email to:
Kendall County Women’s Shelter
PO Box 1087
Boerne, TX 78006
Texarkana Domestic Violence Prevention, Inc.
Texarkana Domestic Violence Prevention, Inc. is accepting applications for Executive Director.
Special Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum undergraduate degree or six years Social Service management experience
- Ability to work as a team member as well as the ability to take responsibility of independent action
- Experience with personnel management
- Extensive experience with grant writing, implementation and administration
- Budget development and budget management experience
- Familiarity with State and Federal Regulatory Procedures and Standards and computer reporting
- Board membership experience
Applications may be obtained at the Texarkana Domestic Violence Prevention, Inc. office at 521 Spruce Street or it may be completed online at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to submit applications is January 26, 2015.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Contract Youth Educator
Department: Family Violence Center
Location: 15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, Texas 77090
Client: Northwest Assistance Ministries
Contract term: January-September 2015
SALARY: $18.00/hr., 20 hrs. /week
- Present youth violence awareness and education to middle and high school age youth in various Harris County Juvenile Probation Department locations in Katy and/or Downtown.
- Maintain all youth program materials, data collection, recording keeping and communications.
- Produce monthly and annual summaries of activities.
- Position requires the use of a personal vehicle for transportation.
- Plan interventions, identify and link clients to appropriate community resources as needed.
- Participate in outreach activities.
- Work a flexible work schedule, as needed, to promote FVC’s mission (including evening and weekend hours).
- Complete new staff orientation and training.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field.
Master’s degree preferred.
Experience in public speaking.
Experience in working with youth groups and at-risk youth.
Proven ability to work independently.
Excellent organizational & communications skills and attention to detail.
Ability to develop & present subject specific seminars to professional and non-professional groups.
Prefer knowledge of domestic violence programs and appropriate social service work practices.
Valid Texas Driver’s License.
Must be able to pass a background check by the Harris County Juvenile Probation Department.
For consideration, please email your cover letter and resume as an attachment to email@example.com with the job title “Contract Youth Educator”, in the subject line.
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
*All applicants must be able to pass a background check.
Part-Time Shelter Advocate – Kendall County Women’s Shelter – Boerne, TX
Kendall County Women’s Shelter is currently seeking a part time shelter advocate to work overnight and weekend shifts. The shelter advocate is responsible for providing comprehensive services to assist the shelter residents at night and on weekends, maintains the security and oversees facility and client needs. Up to 30 hours a week. Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.