Published by rrios on 28 Feb 2014
DEPARTMENT: Family Violence Center
Location: 15555 Kuykendahl Rd., Houston, Texas 77090
FLSA Status: Full-time Hourly/Non-exempt
Client: Northwest Assistance Ministries
Posted: January 23, 2014
Closing: April 1, 2014
- Facilitate client’s access to NAM services and outside agencies.
- Answer the FVC Hotline and perform telephone crisis counseling, including periodic coverage of the FVC emergency cell phone.
- Conducting telephone and face-to-face client intake interviews to determine client eligibility for services.
- Staff cases with FVC Director or Staff Therapist including definition of problems and determining appropriate referrals.
- Case management of FVC client cases as assigned, including safety planning and assisting the client to set appropriate goals and re-access goals when needed.
- Develop working relationships internally and with external agencies.
- Operate within budgetary guidelines, ensure compliance with grant funding and provide reports to the proper authorities within the designated timeframes.
- Plan intervention, identify, and link clients to appropriate community resources.
- Maintaining appropriate client file data and producing monthly summaries of activities.
- All record keeping, data collection, telephone calls and scheduling necessary for clients.
- Assist in new staff/volunteer/student intern training.
- Participating in all departmental staff meetings, staff events, and fund raising functions.
- Flexible work hours as needed to promote FVC’s mission.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Bachelor’s degree in related field. (One year experience in a social service agency may be substituted for one year of college.)
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required.
- Knowledge of domestic violence programs and professional social work approaches.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written skills.
- Experience in working with victims and volunteers.
- Computer skills (Word and Excel) required.
- Knowledge of other social service agencies and their services.
No walk-ins or phone calls please.
For consideration, please email your resume as an attachment to email@example.com with the job title “BILINGUAL FVC CASE MANAGER”, in the subject line.
*All applicants must be able to pass a background check.