CAN Operating Procedures and Purpose
Caucus, Ally Group, and Network Committee
The Caucus, Ally Group, and Network Committee (CAN Committee) is comprised of representatives from the Caucuses, Ally Groups and Networks. Networks have the option to have representation on the CAN Committee. Committee procedures will ensure that the silencing and disenfranchisement of traditionally oppressed groups are not repeated in the committee process.
Caucus, Ally Group, and Network Leadership
The leadership of each Caucus, Ally Group and Network is responsible for coordinating the following:
- Communication with all members and potential members of the Caucus, Ally Group or Network;
- Submission and implementation of an annual work plan and budget, including the level of TCFV staff and technological support needed;
- Provision of year-end report information, including, but not limited to, work plan results, budget report and any relevant outcomes;
- Maintenance of Caucus, Ally Group or Network records including minutes, membership roster, financial records and correspondence;
- Scheduling and facilitating of meetings;
- Provision of information about the Caucus, Ally Group or Network;
- Communication between TCFV and the Caucus, Ally Group or Network; and
- Participation in all CAN Committee meetings.
TCFV Staff Support
Each Caucus, Ally Group and Network will be designated at least one staff liaison to provide consultation, assist its leadership in their duties and maintain the official records of the Caucus, Ally Group or Network. Each staff liaison will submit purchase requisitions on behalf of the Caucus, Ally Group, or Network in accordance with Board approved TCFV fiscal policies.
Caucus, Ally Group, and Network Work Plans, Budgets, and Reports
Annual work plans and budgets, along with year-end report information, must be submitted by each Caucus, Ally Group and Network to the CAN Committee. The CAN Committee will submit a single combined work plan and budget as well as year-end report, for Board approval, in accordance with the CAN Committee’s operating procedure.
Each Caucus, Ally Group and Network will consult with its staff liaison regarding any activities outside of the approved work plan to determine if further approval is needed from TCFV.