Legal Advocacy Network
Purpose: The purpose of the Statewide Legal Advocacy Network is to create a safe and supportive place for legal advocates serving in shelter and outreach agencies to network about the issues surrounding the role of helping victims of domestic violence access the legal system.
Mission: The Mission of the Statewide Legal Advocacy Network is to communicate resources, skills and ideas among legal advocates serving in shelter and outreach agencies for developing programs that promote the safety of persons affected by domestic violence, hold abusers accountable, encourage the sensitive and thorough response of agents in the judicial system, and diligently work for positive change at all levels of government.
- Pro Se Protective Order Packet
- Recommended readings:
Websites & Resources
- Statutes in Texas: http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/
- Texas Advocacy Project: www.texasadvocacyproject.org Phone: 512-476-5377
- Crime Victims Services OAG: https://www.oag.state.tx.us/victims/cvc.shtml
- Texas Law Help: http://www.texaslawhelp.org/TX/index.cfm
- http://www.trla.org/get-help/do-i-qualify Phone: 1-888-988-9996
- http://www.lonestarlegal.org/ Phone: 1800-733-8394
- http://www.ccctx.org/services.php Phone: 512-651-6100
- http://texasbar.com/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Legal_Services_Support_Division1&Template=/CM/HTMLDisplay.cfm&ContentID=13038 Phone: (800) 204-2222, ext. 1855
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or (TTY) 1-800-787-3224
How to join: CANs are made up of TCFV individual members. If you’d like to join LAN, click here to become a TCFV member. Please indicate on your application that you are interested in learning more about LAN.
Already a TCFV individual member? Great! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about joining LAN.