There are many things one person can do to make a difference in the domestic violence movement. Here are some ideas:
- Host a watch party for the documentary Telling Amy’s Story
Find out when it will play on your local PBS station
- Organize a donation drive or donate wish-list items or money to your local family violence program
- Adopt a room at your local family violence program or volunteer your time
- Begin a conversation about bullying and healthy relationships with friends and family
- Do you Tweet or Facebook? Tweet/post about DVAM.
- For our male allies: wear a white ribbon as a personal pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women and girls
- Get heard by your representation. Send a Purple Postcard!
How are you planning on getting involved this October?