Here are some examples of the many things one person can do to make DVAM count.
Make a Difference in the Movement
- Join TCFV as a friend member or organizational member.
- Do you Tweet or Facebook? Like TCFV on Facebook, and follow TCFV on Twitter. Post and tweet– and repost and retweet–about DVAM!
- Share your DVAM commitments and actions with TCFV, to inspire and inform others.
Make a Difference in the Community
- GO PURPLE in your community: Distribute Go Purple DVAM materials (available soon)!
- Organize a donation drive or donate wish-list items or money to your local family violence program.
- Adopt a room at your local family violence program or volunteer your time.
- Begin a conversation about bullying and healthy relationships with friends and family.
- For our male allies: wear a white ribbon as a personal pledge to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women and girls.
Make a Difference in Someone’s Life
- If someone is abusing you, know that you are not alone. The Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE is available to take your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Click here for additional resources for survivors of violence that may also help as you continue working to keep yourself and your family safe.
- Learn more about how to help a friend or family member who is being abused.
- Learn more about how to talk with a friend who may be abusing someone. (English/español)
- Learn about where you can go for help if you think you may be battering someone.