What to expect if you call a program
- A caring listening ear. All programs have people who can listen and help you sort out options.
- Advocacy services. Most programs have specially trained advocates who can help with welfare, CPS, disability services, immigration, housing, employment protections, and more.
- Emergency shelter. Many programs offer shelter or safe homes. Transitional housing. Some programs have longer term housing for survivors.
- Support groups. Some programs run groups for children, youth and adults.
- Legal advocacy. Most programs offer information about protection orders and other civil matters. Most do not provide legal counsel, but can refer you to free or low cost attorneys.
- Crisis services. Many programs offer 24-hour crisis services.